Rgbstock forum

forum > General chat > Microtock

Microtock

1. coolhewitt2326 June 2015, 17:02 GMT +02:00

I recently visited a couple of micro stock websites to enquire about selling some of my photography. I was very disappointed at the commission given to photographers considering the cost of professional equipment and software. I visited about 5 websites. The majority of them owned by Getty's. I will never upload to a Getty's website unless they change some of their policies such as pricing and commission. You would have to sell thousands of photo's before you actually earn a good chunk of money. I almost for got to mention that its very competitive. Anyway, I will continue to upload to RGB because the site is friendly and you can find useful advice from time to time. RGB might consider adding a vector section to help the website grow. take care everyone and have a good weekend.

2. xymonau26 June 2015, 18:23 GMT +02:00

Yes, the only money to be had in microstock is by the people who run the sites. There is almost no profit. I have sold several images on this site. What happens is I will only allow use within the licence for free. If people want to use them outside the licence, I generally charge. They will often change their mind, and that is fine by me. But the genuine ones will pay a reasonable price. I do undercut the prices for extended licences on some sites, etc - although it depends on the image/s. And I charge in the hundreds if they want the copyright, and I take it down off here. It's still about half the price of a copyright on any other site. I also convert images for print to 300ppi or more. And I'm happy to change colours, resize or alter them if that's required, without charging more. As I said, it's only very occasionally, but it's nice when it happens. As for Getty - some of us were treated so appallingly by the little upstarts - big fish in little ponds - who took control of sxc that I wouldn't ever go near them and I hope they go bankrupt.

3. coolhewitt2327 June 2015, 13:01 GMT +02:00

The owners of sxc could have said NO but they were greedy and selfish to sell a website without consulting without the local community. I've visited the website a couple of times. I'm surprised that the contributors didn't close and delete their accounts, I think in the future RGB could be a dominating website if functionality of the could be improved to accommodate vector artists.

4. richardimage30 June 2015, 10:34 GMT +02:00

I hope this so!

Please sign in or sign up if you want to participate in the forum discussions.

x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera

Lichttafel . FAQ . contact . licentieovereenkomst . gebruiksovereenkomst . over . www.hqstock.com free stock photos totally free stock photos stock photos high quality free stock photos totally free stock photos totally free stock photos totally free stock images free stock images editors' pick alternative to sxc.hu Rgbstock blog and news
| English | Deutsch | Español | Polski | Português | Nederlands |
Shutterstock is official partner of Rgbstock