Rgbstock forum

forum > General chat > RGB stock picture and logos

RGB stock picture and logos

1. StariSob4 May 2011, 22:44 GMT +02:00

I recieved a request for permission for use one of my RGBStock photos as a part of a logo for non-profii organisation.

Anyone here knows any legal problems which could arrise from using freely downloadable picture in a logo?

Will other RGBStock users still be able to use this photo - despite being part of a logo? - If organisation decides that they do not like to see part of their logo on others' works?
Hm, any logo is copyrighted - will that legally "transfer" photo copyright to the logo owner so they can impose limitations on usage?

I am inclined to give permission but only if that will not "harm" RGBStock users' rights to use photo in their own projects...

2. xymonau5 May 2011, 10:19 GMT +02:00

Tell them they can use the image, but it's non-exclusive, and that others will be allowed to use it as well. Tell them they can't copyright the logo because of this. If they don't like the terms, then I guess that's too bad for them. I think most non-profits would not carry on about it.

Please sign in or sign up if you want to participate in the forum discussions.

x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera

Lichttafel . FAQ . contact . licentieovereenkomst . gebruiksovereenkomst . over . www.hqstock.com free stock photos totally free stock photos stock photos high quality free stock photos totally free stock photos totally free stock photos totally free stock images free stock images editors' pick alternative to sxc.hu Rgbstock blog and news
| English | Deutsch | Español | Polski | Português | Nederlands |
Shutterstock is official partner of Rgbstock