Rgbstock forum

forum > Technical questions > downloading too much

downloading too much

1. lusi29 February 2012, 16:43 GMT +01:00

somebody is downloading hundreds of my images (the same happened yesterday). Should I be concerned?

2. ColinBrough29 February 2012, 17:59 GMT +01:00

I was going to ask a related question: are there download limits? Single user can download no more than 20/50/whatever images per day... SXC has such a limit in place.

See also the "Im looking for designs and images, will pay royalties" thread over in General Chat: http://www.rgbstock.com/forum/msg/962

3. jazza29 February 2012, 22:10 GMT +01:00

sanja and collin, thanks for reporting this.
We are aware of these things and we are monitoring what is going on. That is what I can say about it.

There is a download limit of 100 photos a day, but it is not completely waterproof and needs some improvements.

4. lennie29 February 2012, 22:52 GMT +01:00

It is a bit more complicated than that.

Someone is downloading more than is usual, they found a way around our limits, maybe on purpose or not I don't know.

This person is lucky, usually I find the problem/solution in a short time.

But I'm sick and not performing at my usual level. :-/

The extra code for denying the downloads already exists, but contains just one bug.

That is the problem with any code, if it isn't 100% correct it doesn't work.

You can only change the code if you know what is wrong and if you know your change does not break anything else.

Doing a 100 downloads isn't something you can easily test either.

5. lennie7 March 2012, 9:53 GMT +01:00

Looks like I've solved it now.

Hopefully next time it won't take that long to find it.

6. Stephen19 April 2012, 19:57 GMT +02:00

Aside from other issues I have with rgb which I will shortly address I had 90 downloads on the 19th which is way beyond anything I might expect and all unrelated images. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

7. lennie21 April 2012, 0:33 GMT +02:00

Stephen, someone downloaded these images from your gallery up to the daily download limit and then stopped and hasn't returned since that day.

Interresting enough this person also has a gallery here and on the other site.

I never know what I should think about such behaviour.

But there is something you should consider, if someone looks at the fullsize photo it is also considered counted as a download. Because you can just do right-click-save-as.

Please sign in or sign up if you want to participate in the forum discussions.

x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera

Lichttafel . FAQ . contact . licentieovereenkomst . gebruiksovereenkomst . over . www.hqstock.com free stock photos totally free stock photos stock photos high quality free stock photos totally free stock photos totally free stock photos totally free stock images free stock images editors' pick alternative to sxc.hu Rgbstock blog and news
| English | Deutsch | Español | Polski | Português | Nederlands |
Shutterstock is official partner of Rgbstock